At the turn of 1929 and 1930, the mill burnt out. And so paradoxically, it was preserved in a relatively good state as one of the few mills in the region. It had been modernized during its reconstruction and so it could serve much longer than other mills along the River Odra. Together with the modernization of the mill techniques, the technology of water power transfer was also changed. In 1933, the previously used system of three water wheels was replaced with a Francis turbine, which still serves.
The turbine was already repaired in 1960s. However, in 1996, it was necessary to make an overhaul because of frequent defects. It also concerned the drive shaft pulley, which was replaced with a new one twice in the diameter (1250 mm). Later on, it was also necessary to repair teeth of the cast iron pinion and replace all of 142 wooden hornbeam teeth of the cog wheel. These teeth had to be manufactured by hand with an accuracy of 0.2 mm.
After the mentioned floods in 1997, when the water level inside the buildings reached in some places even up to 2 meters for six days, especially, walls and statics of the buildings were disrupted, wooden constructions and mill equipment were wetted. They were also attacked by rot, moulds and wood-destroying insects. So the preservation of the monument became very acute and it was necessary to initiate rapid repairs. Leaking asbestos cement and tin roof tiles were replaced with clay tiles. The living area had to be cut and isolated. Some inconsiderate repairs in the past were also corrected during the reconstruction. The residential part had been damaged by inconsiderate interventions, when the original two-piece tabular windows had been replaced with three-piece ones and the original doors with smooth ones. The windows were replaced with new ones and the mill regained the character of the architecture typical for the turn of the 19th and 20th century. The millrace affected by erosion was also repaired. There, the left bank of the supply channel was stabilized by oak stakes and the drain channel with natural stones.
In 2005, the area became part of the Emergency Program of the Ministry of Culture of the Czech Republic and the obtained funds were used for glazing the majority of the mill and restoring crucial technical equipment of the power station and mill - the cogwheel pinion, countershaft or original sliding bearings.
In 2006, a project documentation for construction works in the mill was prepared. It solved other static defects, repairs of the outside plasters using colours in accordance with historical photos, including decorative elements, and changes of woodworm destroyed parts of the roofs. It was also necessary to remediate affected wooden parts of the building. Original pebble tiles were revealed before the building. We can say that due to the subsidies till 2013, it was possible to conserve the building from outside, both statically and, in cooperation with conservationists, aesthetically. Inside the mill, floors were partly replaced. And having performed another major repair of the Francis turbine, it was possible to come to the first stage of putting mill machines into motion.
First the transmissions were repaired and the countershaft was restored to make it possible to connect the mill and the transmission in the power station by leather belts and so to put all three floors of the mill into motion. After that the individual mill machines from the 1920s and 1930s were dismantled and renovated.